We have decades of expertise using design, story, and user experience to create highly successful products and companies. Here’s how we can help you:
MARKETING & PRODUCT
• Brand, position & name development
• Public & industry analyst relations
• Launch & go-to-market plans
• Channel strategy
• Pricing methodology
• Roadmap review
• User experience audit
• Virtual CEO/CMO/CPO roles
• Team org review & structure
• Personnel review
• Board mgmt. advice & tools
• Product definition process
• Product mgmt. & dev process
• Advisor or board director
• Product direction
• Business model
• Analyst relations
• PR & social media
• Business development
• Investment deck
• Product development
Sometimes, all you need is someone to just jump in and get things done. We do this often, taking on content creation projects such as: Videos • Podcasts • Presentations • Illustrations • Packaging • White Papers • Data Sheets • Product Instruction Manuals • Installation Guides • Quick Start Guides.
We have been called in to advise or personally manage assignments when the oatmeal hit the fan. We have successfully handled many seemingly-impossible situations and have immediate access to expert troubleshooters. Don’t hesitate to call us if you are facing a SHTF moment.
Think of us as your formula for product success.
OPEN or DISCRETE
SKIN IN THE GAME
THE PRODUCT ALCHEMY ADVANTAGE
With Product Alchemy, you will be working day-to-day with a Principal for cost-efficiency, responsiveness and higher-order problem solving.
Examples where we have led the development and marketing of disruptive hardware products and online services:
Computerless Email for Elders
Role: CEO (prev. VP Mktg./Prod. Mgt.)
• Lowered CAC by 65%
• Retained team 8 years past ’09 crash
• Increased avail. market & retention
• Added new-revenue streams
Company: Venture-backed startup (KPCB, Vanguard, Clearstone) – 4 rounds
IoT Enterprise SaaS for Consumer Products
Role: VP Marketing
• Marketing strategy
• Positioning & messaging
• Sales collateral & online content
• Industry Analyst & PR strategy
Company: Venture-backed startup (DCM, Intel) – acquired.
World’s First Data Storage Robot
Role: VP Marketing
• New product & company naming
• Brand, logo & positioning
• Out-of-Box-Experience design
• Packaging & in-box collateral design
Company: Venture-backed startup (Greylock & RRE) – acquired.
Hyperlocal Podcast Business
Role: Producer & Co-Host
• Brand, positioning, messaging & logo
• Operational plan & audio production
• Organic & paid promotional campaigns
• Stories & on-air co-host
Company: Startup – Active
Iconic Consumer Electronics Brand
Role: Head of Marketing & Product Dev
• Led mktg, prod. mgt. & eng. teams
• Product development processes
• Led product planning, dev, & mktg.
• Launched 1,200 SKUs in 12 months
Company: Private company ($400M annual at that time).
Digital Consumer Storage Products
Role: Exec. Dir. Consumer Marketing
• Design research management
• Industrial design project management
• Naming project management
• Brand development management
Company: Consumer division of global hard drive manufacturer
World’s First Personal Web Server
Role: VP Marketing & Prod. Mgt.
• Re-positioned failing product
• Developed new brand platform
• New retail POP & training materials
• Successful retail re-launch
Company: Venture-backed startup (Sequoia, VSP Capital) – acquired.
Scuba Diving Equipment Brand
Role: VP Marketing
• All channel support materials
• All packaging
• Managed industrial design
• All sales enablement & ad materials
Company: Private company ($15M annual at that time) – acquired.
IoT SaaS & Energy Mgt. Products
Role: VP Marketing (+ Product)
• Product strategy
• Product positioning & messaging
• Information architecture for web apps
• Hardware ID & UI design
Company: Venture-backed startup (Cardinal VC) – acquired.
PEOPLE ARE TALKING
We love the people we’ve worked with, and they love us right back.
We’ve worked with the best:
Our personnel have served on executive startup teams backed by: KPCB • Sequoia • Greylock • DCM • Intel Capital • Vanguard • Clearstone • Cardinal • VSP
We have the knowledge, experience, and track record to help you succeed.
Peter is the founder and Principal of Product Alchemy. He is a veteran Silicon Valley marketing and product development executive who has helped define, position, launch and market hundreds of disruptive consumer tech products and online services at venture-backed startups, midsize brand leaders, and Fortune 500 companies:
IoT Cloud Platforms:
Arrayent • Prodea Systems • Candi Controls
Cloud Platforms with Hardware:
Presto Services • Sage Systems
Monster Cable • Seagate • Drobo • Oceanic Int’l
Consulting & Teaching:
Product Alchemy • Praxis Product Design • San Francisco State University
Product Alchemy Associates